|Summer Transit and Parking Information|
Summer Transit and Parking Information
Contact: John Krueger, Transportation Director, 920-5042, email@example.com
Aspen, Colorado – May 30, 2017– The City of Aspen will transition to its summer transit schedule on June 10. The public is also reminded about summer parking policies.
Aspen Free Shuttles
• All free Aspen shuttles begin their summer schedule June 10, including the seasonal Cross Town Shuttle.
• The Downtowner service also continues this summer, providing on-demand service within its service area from 11am-11pm daily. Request a ride by using the Downtowner app on your mobile device.
• Summer paid parking rates take effect on Friday June 2.
• Saturday paid parking takes effect on Saturday, June 3. Sundays and holidays are free.
• Carpools of two or more adults may pick up a free carpool parking permit at the Airport Parking Kiosk on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Visit www.commuterconnect.net for help with locating carpool partners.
Car and Bike Sharing
• WE-cycle, Aspen's bike transit service is now open for the season, 24/7. WE-cycle bikes are available for quick, in-town trips and as a great way to connect to and from other transit. 100 bicycles available at 16 stations around Aspen. Day and Season Passes available at stations or at WE-cycle.org | 970.205.9222.
• CAR TO GO, Aspen’s carshare program, offers members access to a fleet of nine vehicles for a low hourly and per mile rate. Visit www.cartogo.com for more information.
Bike to Work Day
• Cyclists of all levels are invited to attend the annual Bike to Work Day event on Wednesday, June 28 from 7-10am in Paepcke Park: food, fun, education and prizes for the whole family!
Pledge to Drive Less this Summer
• Visit www.driveless.net and pledge to Drive Less this summer to be eligible for a free perk as well as the opportunity to win great prizes! Perks include RFTA value cards, WE-cycle season passes and more!
Call 970-925-8484 for bus route and schedule information.
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2017