The Wheeler Opera House was built in 1889 by Jerome B. Wheeler and was restored to its current Victorian splendor by the City of Aspen in 1984. The building is on the State and National Historic Registers.
The Wheeler is supported by a Real Estate Transfer Tax (RETT), which enables local non-profit organizations to use the theater at a subsidized rate.
A variety of programs are presented year-round at the Wheeler, including:
- Community Events
- Private Functions