Service and Construction Vehicles
Qualified Service vehicles may obtain an In-Car Service meter. A current business license is required. Meters must be purchased with a company check or credit card.
These meters allow vehicle to park in the downtown Aspen at a reduce rate. The meters also allow service vehicle to park in residential spaces without payment.
The service In-car meter hangs from your service vehicle's rearview mirror. Simply turn it on when parked downtown and turn it off when you leave the parking space. Your prepaid hours count down while you are parked. The meter will run for 8 hours. If parking at short term spaces, payment must be made at meter.
When parked in residential area, simply hang the meter in your rearview mirror (without turning it on) to be exempted from the two-hour time limit.
- Service meters can be loaded with any amount between $20 and $200. In addition to pre-paid time, a refundable deposit of $50 and a non-refundable administration fee of $25.00 are required at purchase.
- The first hour of parking in a meter space will cost $1. Each additional hour will cost $0.50.
- Vehicles must be on an active service call.
Not for personal use or vehicle storage
- Your meter does not guarantee a parking space.
Vehicles must be parked in a legal space or they will be ticketed.
- Abuse of Service meter will result in loss of privileges. The City of Aspen is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen meters.
- The definition of essential vehicles is as follows: The type of business described in the business license normally requires the vehicle to be on-site due to (1) the bulk of the items being used in the professional service (2) the need for repeated and frequent trips for tools or parts to and from the vehicle, beyond that which could be easily unloaded (i.e. Public Utilities.)
Payment is required for construction parking. The general contractor must fill out a form with the Engineering Department and included in that form is a parking plan. Spaces are $25.00 a day in the commercial core. Construction vehicles do not have a 2 hour free time period in the residential area. Payment is required at the time of parking.
Permits for construction equipment and vehicles in the commercial core will be issued through the Parking Department only after the General Contractor has gone through the right of way permit process.
- The General Contractor must apply in person for the permits.
- A copy of the building permit must be present.
- Parking spaces will be issued for essential equipment and vehicles only. Spaces will not be provided for the sole purpose of commuter parking.
- Permits are $25/day per space.
- All fees must be paid in advance.
Permits for construction equipment and vehicles in the residential area will be issued through the Parking Department only after the General Contractor has gone through the right of way permit process.
- The General Contractor must apply in person for the permits
- A copy of the building permit must be presented
- Only vehicles that are essential to the building site will be issued permits
- Any equipment other than vehicles that will occupy public right of way, will need to be permitted through the right of way permit process