Service and Construction Vehicles
Qualified Service vehicles may obtain a Service permit. Applicants must posses a City of Aspen Business License. Applicants will need to prove vehicle is essential on site for service to be provided. Application can be obtained at the Parking Dept. or calling (970) 429-1761
- The first hour of parking in a meter space will cost $1. Each additional hour will cost $0.50.
- Vehicles must be on an active service call.
Not for personal use or vehicle storage
- Your permit does not guarantee a parking space.
Vehicles must be parked in a legal space or they will be ticketed.
- Abuse of Service permit will result in loss of privileges.
- The definition of essential vehicles is as follows: The type of business described in the business license normally requires the vehicle to be on-site due to (1) the bulk of the items being used in the professional service (2) the need for repeated and frequent trips for tools or parts to and from the vehicle, beyond that which could be easily unloaded (i.e. Public Utilities.)
Payment is required for construction parking. The general contractor must fill out a form with the Engineering Department and included in that form is a parking plan. Spaces are $50.00 a day in the commercial core. Construction vehicles do not have a 2 hour free time period in the residential area. Payment is required at the time of parking.
Permits for construction equipment and vehicles in the commercial core will be issued through the Parking Department only after the General Contractor has gone through the right of way permit process.
- The General Contractor must apply in person for the permits.
- A copy of the building permit must be present.
- Parking spaces will be issued for essential equipment and vehicles only. Spaces will not be provided for the sole purpose of commuter parking.
- Permits are $50/day per space.
- All fees must be paid in advance.
Permits for construction equipment and vehicles in the residential area will be issued through the Parking Department only after the General Contractor has gone through the right of way permit process.
- The General Contractor must apply in person for the permits
- A copy of the building permit must be presented
- Only vehicles that are essential to the building site will be issued permits
- Any equipment other than vehicles that will occupy public right of way, will need to be permitted through the right of way permit process
Click below for construction parking application:
Construction Staging, Parking & Emergency Access Plan