To help you fully understand the requirements associated with your Special Event permit application, we strongly recommend meeting with Special Events staff on a voluntary and informal basis prior to completing or submitting your permit application.
In addition to informal meetings, a formal Pre-Submittal Meeting is required
events. In these meetings, staff will help assure you:
- Understand time frames required to handle these permit applications
- Guide you away from pitfalls
- Provide you with information about the variety of permit and license types needed for these more complex events
- Discuss compliance needs
- Help assure you are on your way to a timely approval
Please come prepared to discuss your tentative plans.
Staff can most effectively assist you if you have thought about, and bring information regarding the following:
- Approximate dates of the event
- Proposed event location
- Estimated attendance
- Brief description of the event and what it will include